CUNY Continuing & Professional Education

Cost: Cost varies | SSI or ITIN REQUIRED: No

Eligibility: Graduates of high school


1. CUNY Baccalaureate for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies (CUNY BA): Work with faculty mentors to design your own BA or BS degree using the University as your campus.

2. City College, Division of Interdisciplinary Studies at The Center for Worker Education (CWE): A flexible, creative, and innovative interdisciplinary degree program customized for working adults and transfer students.

3. CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS): CUNY SPS provides fully online and on campus degree and certificate programs for adults who are looking to finish their bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or a certificate in a specialized field.

4. CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies (SLU) : SLU offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Labor Studies and Urban Studies and certificate programs in Labor Relations, Public Administration and Policy, Health Care Administration and Policy, and Community Leadership.

5. Queens College’s Adult Collegiate Education (ACE): Queens College’s ACE program provides highly motivated adults with an opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree at a slightly accelerated pace. Applicants must be 25 years or older, have a high school diploma or GED, and fulfill the college’s entrance requirements.

6. Saturday Success Track Program for Adult Learners (BMCC): Earn your Associate Degree with flexibility and ease, one day a week. Classes are held on Saturdays at BMCC—right in the heart of Tribeca.

Find a career-based certificate and training courses available at CUNY campuses across the city. Check with individual colleges for grant-funded opportunities.